Friday, April 1, 2011

Pre-Tickle Giggles

My favorite thing that Z does right now is that he giggles right before I tickle him. A few weeks ago, I started doing this thing where I would put two fingers on each of his feet. I'd then "walk" my fingers up his legs, up his torso, to his armpits where I would tickle him. He'd giggle and smile. That in itself is pretty cute. There are, of course, sound effects to go with this game, basically "doo-doo-doo" that gets higher in pitch with each "step" of my fingers. But what I REALLY love is that it only took a few days before he started smiling when my fingers to his belly as he anticipated the tickling that was about to come, but hadn't yet. It's so cute, as well as being indicative of where he is developmentally. I just love that he can actually recognize and anticipate the tickles. It's awesome.