... should be able to:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- feed self a cracker
check (We had actually never given him a cracker. He got his first today. He really dug it.)
- rake with fingers an object and pick it up in fist
- turn in the direction of a voice
- look for a dropped object
... is probably able to:
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other
- stand holding on to someone or something
- object if you try to take a toy away
check - This is a recent development, and boy does he object!
- work to get a toy that's out of reach
check - This is fun to watch. He is still not quite crawling, but boy can he roll around and squirm to get across the room in any direction.
- play peekaboo
check - He really enjoys peekaboo now, but it still doesn't get him to stop trying to roll over throughout a diaper change.
- get into a sitting position from stomach
nope - He's close, but not quite there. He does have an adorable move that's close. He rolls onto his side and props himself up on one elbow like he's just chillin', waiting for the world to entertain him.
... may possibly be able to:
- creep or crawl
Creep? Sort of. Crawl? No. Not quite.
- pull up to a standing position from sitting
- pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
- say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately
... may even be able to:
- play patty-cake, clap hands, or wave bye-bye
- walk holding on to furniture
- stand alone momentarily
No, unless you consider the time between my letting go of him and him falling to the floor "momentarily." (No babies were hurt during the assessment of this milestone.)
- understand "no" (but not always obey it)
No. And I'll also throw in that he's not doing calculus yet, either.
More about Z:
- Z has two teeth (both on the bottom)
- Z has been known to sleep through the night (from 7-ish pm to 6:30-ish am). Not every night, but often enough that we're quite hopeful.
- Z has a pretty stable nap schedule, one in the morning at around 9 am and one in the afternoon around 1 pm.
- Z is still eating stage two baby food.
- Z has officially outgrown his infant swing. But he loves his Bumbo!
- Z still has a pacifier when in his crib. Mommy is not happy about this, but is not willing to go to battle to take it away.
- Z continues to be a clone of his Mommy, just like his brother is a clone of his Daddy.
|Mommy (7 months) - Z (8 months)|