Friday, June 3, 2011

Flik's Spring Performance 2011

Yesterday was Flik's last day of pre-school (for this year, anyway) and last night was the school's spring performance. Flik had been sick for the last week or so, but he is all better now. Unfortunately, his virus has found a new host. At the last minute, we decided that Z was probably better off staying home, so Daddy stayed home and Flik & Mommy headed to the big performance. The school performed You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Flik's class sang The Kite. The whole performance with all of the classes was a little long, wrapping up around 9 pm, but it was just adorable. Parents waving to their kids on stage, kids waving back, 4 year olds enthralled or frozen in place with the awe of the "big stage." I think I would have enjoyed it just as much if all they did was parade the classes up there one at a time and just let them play on the stage for five minutes. The on and off the stage was my favorite part.

I tried uploading the video of the performance, but I was experiencing technical difficulties. Sorry. But trust me... Flik was adorable.