Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When Flik Grows Up: Age 4

Flik: Do you know what I'm gonna' be when I grow up?

Mommy: No. Do you know?

Flik: Yes. I'm gonna' be three things.

Mommy: Oh yeah? What?

Flik: A policeman, a worker, and a fireman. Isn't that cool?

Mommy: Yes. That is very cool.

Flik: But I don't know if my boss will let me. Do you think my boss will let me do three jobs?

Mommy: I think you can do whatever you want. If you want to have three jobs, you can do that.

Flik: Cool!

Mommy: So what kind of worker do you want to be?

Flik: A road worker. You know, the workers who fix the roads. You know why?

Mommy: No. Why?

Flik: Because then I can use the jackhammer on the road. Wouldn't that be cool?

Mommy: Yep, that would be very cool.

Flik: But you know what? I'd want to do the steamroller, too. Do you think my boss would let me do the jackhammer AND the steamroller.