Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toys Under the Bed

This morning, while Flik and I were playing in his bedroom, Flik laid his head on the on the floor and he noticed that there were toys under his bed. I suggested he try to reach them with his arm. He tried. "It's too far," he told me. I suggested we stick his feet under the bed and kick out the toys since his feet are longer than his arms. He agreed and wriggled under the bed. He kicked, but only got one of the many toys. I grabbed his arms and dragged him back out from under the bed. Finally, I bent down, lay on the floor, and looked myself. The toys were smack in the middle of his queen-sized bed. "Hmm," I said. "I guess we're going to have to go find something really long to use to reach under there."

"Like a giraffe's neck!" he suggests.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. We'll just go to the zoo and get a giraffe and bring him back here. Then we'll ask him to stick his neck under the bed to get the toys."

We don't do simple here, we do exotic.