Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Tender Moment: Good

As a general rule at our house, children do not sleep in bed with the grown ups. It is not forbidden, but it is viewed as a special treat.

Last night, Flik came into our room around 1 a.m. He sounded really sad and we thought he had had a bad dream or something. But when asked, he said no, that he just wanted to sleep with Daddy. (Yes, Daddy. Mommy... not really a factor.)

We let him climb into bed and he laid down between us. I don't get to snuggle with my little boy very much. He's not really a snuggler. So with this rare opportunity where I have a half sleeping boy lying right beside me, I rolled onto my side to face him and placed my hand on his shoulder. I just looked at him for a moment and then said very softly, "I love you, Sweetie." I listened to him breathe a couple slow breaths, not expecting a response from my sleeping darling when he then quietly responds, "Good."

Oh, the tender moments.